You can now bring the world’s most exotic reefs into your home with CaribSea’s Arag-Alive!™ substrates. Eight environmentally accurate ecoscapes, developed through CaribSea’s cooperation with public aquariums and zoological parks where authenticity is a must, Arag-Alive!™ makes any aquarium uniquely yours. Arag-Alive!™ makes it easy to set up an aquarium. It’s ready to work, clears quickly, and contains millions of live bacteria to cycle super fast and create a natural biological balance. Arag-Alive!™ suppresses the dreaded “new tank syndrome”, compresses the ammonia cycle, and discourages nuisance algae. In fact, independent labs prove Arag-Alive!™ cycles days faster than other brands of live sand. That’s what makes Arag-Alive!™ the choice of new aquarists and maintenance companies where speed of set up, beauty, and reliability are demanded.
About CaribSea Live Products
When setting up an aquarium with CaribSea`s live products please do not rinse the substrate! The susbtrate should be carefully placed on the bottom of the aquarium, and your preconditioned water should be added carefully. Cloudiness will be greatly reduced if a plate or empty bag is used to stop the water being added from disturbing the substrate underneath.
- FAQ and Tips
- Do I rinse Arag-Alive!™ before use?
- No! Rinsing Arag-Alive!™ could harm the spored beneficial bacteria in the product.
- Can I reseal and store unused Arag-Alive!™ for later use?
- Yes, if sealed tightly Arag-Alive!™ will still remain effective for another couple months.
- Hawaiian Black Specifications
- Typical Grain Size: 0.25-3.5mm
- Average Density: 80 lb/ft